Wednesday 4 June 2014

CrazyWeed_Canmore

Great Ambiance!  Delicious Food!  Excellent Service! But a little over priced.  I went with some of my friends and we decided to go family style.
So to start we first ordered, Salmon Sashimi and Ceviche.  I never had Ceviche before so I was not sure how it would be.  But let me tell you, it was beyond delicious.  You can taste the spice with lime and tuna.  It was served with Masala Pappad.  Have it with our without Pappad, either way it was so tasteful.  However the Salmon Sashimi was not less tasteful..  Cold Sashimi with green onion, cucumber, cilantro and their special sauce swirl on it was out of this world.  I would have been okay to have sashimi all night long, thats how delicious it was.
Then for the mail meal we ordered, Housemade Red Beet Gnocchi, Snap Crackle Pop, and Red Seafood Curry Bowl.  Now I am not a big fan of Gnocchi in general, but I have to say Red Beet was something different.  It had a different after taste to it.  But if you are not a Gnocchi fan then you would not want to order this dish for yourself.  I had only two or three pieces but it was better than some Gnocchi dishes that I have tried in the past.  Snap Crackle Pop just sounds interesting and tastes even better.  One should like the taste of coconut to try this dish, which I really do.  Because its a curry dish you can take the coconut and tamarind with a little bit of spice.  It was definitely a good mix of Cod and Shrimp with a touch of spice.  Last dish on the menu was Red Seafood Curry which was just a regular curry with jasmine rice.  Having Snap Crackle Pop and Red Seafood Curry together was not a good idea because they are very similar to one another.  
This place is definitely worth going to.  But be ready to spend good money.  Food is worth spending money on for the taste, however if you are extremely hungry then it might not work for you because its fine restaurant.  Less food for more money!  I do recommend this place if you want to try some different blend of dishes.  We went there because the name was different and very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment