Thursday 4 December 2014

LouMitchells_Chicago

One of the oldest and very well known family owned breakfast place in the heart of Chicago downtown is what defines Lou Mitchells.  Many people had mentioned this place to me and told me that while in Chicago I have to go there.  As soon as you enter the hostess greats you with a basket full of munchkins.  The munchkins are nothing to brag about but its a great gesture and tradition that they have for guests coming to their restaurant.  As I walked in I noticed that it was a very simple family owned restaurant with casual seating and the service was pretty decent.  I ordered one egg with house potatoes and side order of one pancake with walnuts.  Their tradition is, when you order one egg you get two, and when you order two you get four.  So the quantity was very good and the house potatoes were delicious and well cooked.  Their pancake however, is their house special and were fluffy and extremely tasteful.  Next time you are in Chicago then you should definitely go to Lou Mitchells.  However don't expect a great service, but expect a very flavourful breakfast or lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment