Friday 5 September 2014

Bar212_Istanbul_RenaissanceBosphorus

Spectacular view, delicious food, good choice of drinks is what defines the roof top restaurant and bar at the Renaissance Bosphorus Istanbul.  My first night in Istanbul, I was extremely tired and didn't want to go around the area looking for a place to eat.  So I decided to have dinner at the hotel and it was the right choice.  It was quite since it was a weekday but the ambiance was so relaxing and I sat by the window so the view was a bonus.  I started off with Spicy Humus and traditional Turkish yogurt, Haydari which is yogurt mixed with garlic, mint and white cheese.  I have had humus before but the spice they added gave it a different taste.  And the yogurt was out of this world.  It was beyond delicious.  I could state the garlic and mint, and it was a perfect blend of the three things.  I liked it so much that I asked for extra.  For my main entree I had Hazelnut Crusted Salmon.  Salmon was the typical grilled salmon but the extra hazelnut topping added the extra touch to it and it hit the spot.  It was pieces of crust hazelnut with some spice to it and it was something very different.  I highly recommend this the next time you are visiting Istanbul.  It is on a pricy side but the quantity and quality was worth paying the price for.

No comments:

Post a Comment