Friday 12 September 2014

BistrotVienna_Intercontinental_Athens

First night in Athens, arrived late so checked in at our hotel and decided to have dinner at the Bistrot Vienna, located at the lobby level of The Intercontinental where we are staying.  Amazing hotel and great staff.  The good thing about this restaurant is that their kitchen is open until about 1am therefore for guests who arrive late this is a perfect place to have dinner.  For my main course I had Risotto with asparagus and cheese.  It was good in quantity and pretty okay in taste.  I had to get hot sauce on the side to add a little kick to it because it didn't have much taste to it.  After my meal I wanted to try the Greek Coffee with medium sugar.  It was very different than the regular filtered coffee, and very strong.  The idea is to drink it hot and fast because the bottom of the coffee is very creamy and extremely strong.  So if it gets cold then it would not taste good at all.  It was good to try but I would probably not have it again.  I love my coffee but Greek Coffee was just not for me.  If you are staying at The Intercontinental then I do recommend having at least one meal at this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment