Tuesday 9 September 2014

Mado_Istanbul

One thing that you can never go wrong in Istanbul with is Desert.  They by far have the best desert possible.  My last night in Istanbul, I was really craving Baklawa so I went to near by cafe Mado.  It's a franchise in Istanbul and they carry different cakes, ice cream and local desert.  I asked the waiter what he suggests for me to have as I want to try something very local.  He recommended Pistachio Angel Air which takes about 15 minutes to make and is served warmed with a scoop of ice cream on the side.  The 15 minutes wait was well worth it.  This desert was just out of this world.  It was similar to Baklawa yet warm and very very delicious.  I would taste the pistachio and the honey which it is made of.  And the ice cream is their own home made ice cream and it added a perfect touch to it.  If you are in a mood of a nice sit down cafe, with good service, and excellent choice of desert then I highly recommend Mado.

No comments:

Post a Comment